2020 Media List (Lifestyle; Fashion; Interior Design; Food; Travel) over 1150 editors and freelance writers and their email contacts and social media link for each. The ultimate pitch accessory!
Our list of over 1150 national and regional market editors and freelance writers is an invaluable resource for entrepreneurs, interior designers, makers and marketing professionals. Poured over line-by-line, twice a year, the list changes significantly with each update, reflecting the revolving door of editorial.
The Covid-era has ushered in big changes in publishing. Since our last update in early 2020 we’ve removed 131 editors from the list, added an additional 199 new names and 90 new publications. As nit-picky as we are with this list, inevitably there will be an editor to move the minute we press “send”. We welcome you to share any email that bounces back and we will track the contact or find a replacement.
The list comes in a simple Excel spreadsheet and includes:
- An email and social media contact with each name
- A “Notes” section that shares areas of specific interest, past editorial movement and submission guidelines when available
- An impressive freelance writer section of top home and lifestyle writers in the country
- Specific job titles, with an emphasis on market editors, articles editors, home editors and the ever-important assistant editors
- Regional publications for Atlanta, Austin, Baltimore, Boston, Charleston, Chicago, Midwest and Mountain Living, New England
- Interiors trade publications, including Designers Today, Home Accents, 1st Dibs Introspective, Business of Home, Furniture Today
- A free update of the list in late May, just in time for pitching gift guides
PLEASE, do not share this list with friends. Instead, encourage them to purchase their own. We pour hundreds of hours into each update but really try to keep this affordable.