The Recipe for Press Media List
$150.00 for 1 year
Updated weekly, this meticulously curated list is a line-by-line edit of the names you need to gain press coverage. We include a serious freelance writer section and follow editors as they move from publication to publication (and add those important points to our valuable “notes” section). We track new publications (online and print) and important contributors who often write for multiple publications.
With your annual subscription to the Recipe for Press Media list, you’ll access a simple, easy to read document and updated in real time that can be filtered by region, title, name, or publication. You’ll also receive monthly emails alerting you of new additions and changes to the list.
- An email and active social media contact with each name
- A super valuable “Notes” section that shares specific areas of interest and submission guidelines when available.
- An impressive and valuable freelance writer section of top home, food, and lifestyle writers in the country!
- Specific job titles that indicate the section of the publication to pitch.
- Top editors for important regional publications in California, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Arizona, Florida, Maine, Illinois, Delaware, Maryland, and Texas
- Interior design trade publications and podcasts, including Designers Today, Home Accents, 1st Dibs Introspective, Business of Home, Furniture Today, The Chaise Lounge, and Something About Interior Designers
Meet the expert of DIY PR
Amy Flurry, author of Recipe for Press, has over two decades of editorial experience, producing features and writing for top print and online publications. In 2011 Amy authored Recipe for Press (Pitch Your Story and Create a Buzz,) then took to the road, sharing her editorial insights with entrepreneurs. Recipe for Press (Designer Edition) is her latest book with the tools interior designers need to take advantage of the press opportunities available to creative professionals.
The book took shape after two years as creative director of the first-of-its kind project management app for interior design professionals. Within the interiors industry, Amy is a nationally recognized speaker on creative communications and in-house public relations and co-founder of aloka, a home furnishings company based in Atlanta.
Gianna Marzella, Gia Mar Interiors –
Every designer should have this database. I just purchased your media list and wish I had done it sooner. I wasted so much time reaching out to the wrong people and this list is incredibly detailed, thoughtful and comprehensive.
Claire Stasick, Centered by Design –
Save yourself a lot of time and purchase THIS list. Keeping an up-to-date media list is not easy, and editors can change quickly in the online landscape.
Sherri Kaven, Saint Olio founder –
I am constantly telling people small businesses to get the Recipe for Press book and Media List and to follow Amy’s steps to PR – so much more effective than hiring it out!!
Jill Mckenzie –
This is the book and media list you need ASAP for pitching properly.
Pacific Designs –
It’s a fabulous resource that works!